Saturday, December 23, 2006

Nadia--Jeff Beck

Perhaps while you click on the link to the previous article about global poverty, you might want to let Jeff Beck's wailing guitar play in the background...and let the collective tears of humanity touch your soul...

It was at a concert three years ago, seeing Beck play "Nadia" live after a series of rocked out songs from "You Had It Coming," that sent me into another stratosphere...a moment when time stood still and...well, it was just indescribable

Thank you Brother Al for insisting that I continue to seek and learn of Jeff Beck, even after I mistakenly bought an album from a techno-pop namesake,"Beck," and was utterly confused as to why Brother Al was insisting on the greatness of Jeff Beck.

Thank you Brother Freeze for the tickets to the most transcendent musical moment of my life...

I bow down to both of you....and of course to Jeff Beck--click NOW!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beck seems to almost be able to make the guitar speak!
Have you seen the Sabicas videos on Youtube? Try "Guijara". My Dad saw Sabicas once.
S. A.

hdhindsa said...

And coming from a musician who can make the violin "sing" that means something ;)

Thanks for the recommendations on the other guitarists. I also have some other amazing guitarists in my youtube favorites that I will continue to showcase (nice break from all the posts on poverty and disease, eh?)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis