Sunday, February 11, 2007

Was Anna Nicole a Goddess?




Click on this link
for a mythological analysis of the girl who blew me away in her early years as a model for
Guess Jeans. The visual impact of her famous Guess advertisement is still imprinted on my brain.


This culture has come to know 'goddess' as the title bestowed on models, movie stars, and women who embody an astounding physical beauty that most of us could never emulate. I can see how people may call Anna Nicole a Goddess, yet in some ways she seemed a caricature of that.

I see a modern-day goddess as someone who is spiritual and soulful, with an evolving consciousness. Anna Nicole did not strike me as being in touch with her true inner goddess. But she definitely worked the goddess "thing," and in her public person evoked a sex goddess vibe.

Interestingly, from the perspective of goddess mythology, she lived out several archetypes...
(read on)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis