Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I Have a Persisting Daydream

From Saudi Eve...



I have a persisting daydream


I walk a Saudi street.. I'm wearing a abaya.. every type of harassment I've ever been subjugated to on a Saudi street (staring, terrifying religious advice, explicit sexual advances..etc.) are instead represented by one action: people pulling on my abaya, one after the other, force depends on how severe the harassment is..

I carry this futuristic beam weapon, I shoot them, they evaporize.
I become larger with each hit I make.. and the abaya gets torn a bit each time.. after a couple of hits, I'm very large (tall as a two story house) and almost naked, I'm left with a two piece ensemble that looks like a belly dancers' costume but black.. yet no one comes near me now.. they are afraid..


after that, I just walk the streets of Saudi.. feminine, and undisturbed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep wondering if I'll ever run in to one of the Saudi women I worked with, here in the States or maybe on a beach on the South of France...
S. A.

hdhindsa said...

What a pleasure that would be!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis