Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Thorn Artisan Master #079 - Redwood & Rosewood


A sub 100 making it's debut...wow! Hardeep is officially the international man of mystery ;) I believe an entire year went by while he contemplated the inlay design. After multiple false starts, he finally decided on ol' faithful - Firesuns :D #079 may not be as fancy as he had originally envisioned, but I believe it couldn't be any more beautiful than how it turned out. So, here comes #079:


Top: Redwood
Body: Honduran Mahogany
Neck: East Indian Rosewood
Fretboard: Brazilian Rosewood
Pickups: Lollar P-90s w/ Redwood Covers
Controls: Vol. / Tone (Push/Pull adds middle pickup) 3-way toggle, Piezo blend, mini 3-way for piezo/passive blend.
Bridge: Thorn 1-pc. Tremolo w/ LR Baggs Piezo Saddles
Color: Natural

I love the way the grain follows the perimeter of the body, especially in the waist. SteveK may recognize the fretboard too, it was cut from the same stick his 3 were. :)

Tone report:
The last rosewood neck Thorn that shipped had 3 P-90s and a koa top. It sounded amazing and I loved it. Now comes along this rosewood necked, 3 P-90s but with a redwood top...what a surprise - it sounds amazing.
I believe the softer/warmer wood tops tame the mids that the rosewood necks add, along with the P-90s adding a little bite and clarity. This combo works!
The piezo in a tremolo is a cool effect, nice shimmer when called upon.

Hardeep, the wait was very long - but I honestly believe that it will have been worth it for you. This guitar has great tone, sustains like a tuning fork, and is a looker for sure.

Enjoy my friend and thank you,

Ron

3 comments:

alex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Alright let's have a clip of you playing that baby. Congratulations!
S. A.

hdhindsa said...

Thanks---I don't know how to post audio, but I figure it out I will be glad to put up a post...of my son playing it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis