Sunday, July 22, 2007

RICARDO COBO IN CONCERT



I recently learned of an organization entitled the sierra guitar society, headed by Larry Aynesmith of Incline Village. They aim to bring classical guitarists to Reno. We were fortunate to see the beautiful Paraguayan guitarist Berta Rojas last month. Her musicality blew me away. There are only two guitarists I have seen who have opened my "ears and eyes" to new ways of approaching the guitar--Jeff Beck and Berta. (Also Berta signed my CD: "To Deep with Love..Berta)." :)

Next week the Columbian guitarist, Ricardo Cobo, will be coming to Reno. I think we will try and see him at the Trinity Church--a fantastic venue for music. Hope to see you there.

TWO CONCERTS
JULY 22
Concert: 7:00pm Sunday July 22, 2007
Location: Cal Neva Resort, Frank Sinatra Celebrity Showroom,
2 Stateline Road, Crystal Bay, NV

JULY 24
Concert: 7:30pm Tuesday July 24, 2007
Location: Trinity Episcopal Church, 200 Island Avenue, Reno, NV

Tickets for each concert at door, $10 to $25
Tel.: 775-338-1671
Email: sierraguitar@yahoo.com
Web: www.sierraguitar.org

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis