Friday, September 05, 2008

As Soon as I Landed...


Latest entry from the Orbis blog, written by Dr. Habeeb Ahmad,a third year resident from SUNY Downstate Health Center-- that captures the diversity and spirit of the Orbis team...


As soon as I landed in Beijing, I recalled the awe that I had felt for China during the weeks earlier when watching the 2008 Beijing Olympics. When I arrived in Harbin, China my eyes were opened to why I was there. Here, I am in a remote corner of the world in China, here to help an indigent population in need of eye care. My first encounter with the individual members of ORBIS was quite interesting. Here I thought, were people of all different backgrounds, cultures, religions and language with a common passion for saving sight worldwide. On Monday, I witnessed firsthand this passion during the screening for oculoplastics, glaucoma and medical retina clinics at the number two affiliated Hospital at Harbin Medical University.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis