Sunday, August 30, 2009

Why I Get Angry

Please read this excellent post by one of the best medical bloggers out there, Dr. Rob.
Uvealblues

Something touched a nerve yesterday. I kind of lost my composure when someone tried to defend the insurance industry and responded out of emotion – perhaps putting aside some reason in the process.
(..)
I have health insurance. I do understand why it needs to exist, but I also see how harmful the current state can be to my patients. I get frustrated with Medicare and Medicaid as well, but that is not my point. Just because government run insurance has problems doesn’t do anything to change the problems with private insurance. The fact that you can be killed by firing squad doesn’t make the gallows any better.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis