Saturday, September 12, 2009

Obama's Speech

This is an absolutely brilliant, humorous, and insightful post about the U.S. Healthcare system by Doc Gurley....Link here. 

I’ve been watching the healthcare reform debate from a distance, like all doctors. It was a brilliant stroke of genius on the part of both Republicans and Democrats (when they undertook the job of changing all of healthcare) to do so without the input of any practicing physicians. I’m very glad about this – it makes the discussion so much more “out of the box” and “process oriented” and only rarely causes “patient death.”
Besides, I’m waiting for my chance to participate when we overhaul the legal system and exclude all the lawyers. Or maybe I’ll hold out for the Plumbing Reformation Act – I’ve got some deep insights (so to speak) on the whole butt-crack issue.

(..)
So you see, this whole healthcare reform thing doesn’t really affect me. Any more than it does you. Sure, I’ve heard tall tales from the rocking-on-a-porch old-timers, those myths about the prehistoric days when dinosaur doctors ruled the earth – when you could throw your primary care massive weight around and decide for yourself how to treat a patient, who you would see and how long to spend. Hell, I even heard there are Jurassic-Park-like pockets where such a thing still exists. Exotic, tribal locales with primitive, rudimentary, non-capitalistic approaches to healthcare. Places like London and Paris and Stockholm. Shudder. Thank God we don’t have to live in fear like those people must.

1 comment:

Freeze said...

"You will need to make another appointment for that."

brilliant.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis