Sunday, October 06, 2013

Success In Life: How Do You Measure It?

Remember the Game of Life? It’s one of the most popular board games ever. You won if you ended the game with the most money.
Here’s the interesting thing you probably don’t know: The game wasn’t always about money.
The original version was about vice, virtue and happiness. But when it was re-released in 1960 it was about cash.
When Milton Bradley (the man) first created it, he saw the game as a tool to teach children about ethics.
(..)
From my interview with Michael Norton:
Some things are hard to measure. So, “Am I a better dad than I was last year?” Well, there’s no objective scale where I can look back and someone says, “Last year you were a 71 dad. This year, you’re a 74 dad. Or spouse or whatever it might be, it’s very, very hard to know.
The things that we can know are things we can count, and one thing that is really, really easy to count is money. So, if I want to know if I’m better off this year than last year, one of the first things I can do is say, “Do I have more money?” I think that alone makes it very, very motivating



Read more: http://www.bakadesuyo.com/2013/10/success-in-life-how-do-you-measure-it/#ixzz2gzwKgoCE

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis