Thursday, November 17, 2005

Mom Makes Teen Stand on Street With Sign

Mom Makes Teen Stand on Street With Sign: "EDMOND, Okla. -- Tasha Henderson got tired of her 14-year-old daughter's poor grades, her chronic lateness to class and her talking back to her teachers, so she decided to teach the girl a lesson.

She made Coretha stand at a busy Oklahoma City intersection Nov. 4 with a cardboard sign that read: 'I don't do my homework and I act up in school, so my parents are preparing me for my future. Will work for food.'"...

In fact, Henderson has seen a turnaround in her daughter's behavior in the past week and a half. But the punishment prompted letters and calls to talk radio from people either praising the woman or blasting her for publicly humiliating her daughter

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis