Monday, February 28, 2005

BBC NEWS | World | Americas | Divisions derail Haiti one year on

BBC NEWS | World | Americas | Divisions derail Haiti one year on: "The security problems have deterred international donors who months ago pledged more than $1.3bn in aid to Haiti from disbursing more than a tiny fraction of the money promised.

Without the funds, observers say, there is no way to finance the social programmes needed to kick-start the economy.

Haiti is the poorest country in the western hemisphere, with formal unemployment reported at around 70% and three-quarters of Haitians surviving on less than $2 a day."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog, I had not come across uvealblues.blogspot.com before during my searches!
Continue the good work!

Anonymous said...

You'll want to add a facebook button to your blog. I just bookmarked this article, although I had to complete it manually. Simply my $.02 :)

- Robson

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis