Thursday, February 24, 2005

Coming Home With New Perspectives and Values

Coming Home With New Perspectives and Values: "When I decided to pursue my education abroad nine years ago, my father called me in to an important meeting on the night of my departure. He addressed me, saying, �Consider yourself an ambassador on behalf of your whole country and thus act accordingly.� He added: �I want you to seek every opportunity to learn what is good and tell people there by your actions how good we are.�
On my arrival in the Kingdom nine years later, the first questions my late father asked me were, �What have you learned over the course of the past years from one of the leading Western societies, and how are you going to benefit your own people from the seemingly good things you have learned?� I have been asked the same questions by my close friends, colleagues and relatives since I returned to the Kingdom.
My answer has always been that I have learned many positive things. Among these are retaining an open mind, respecting people other than my own and learning the art of argument."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis