Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Saudi Jeans: Saudi Nightlife

Most of our nightlife in Saudi was at the great, but hard to get into, Embassy parties and Western compunds....I have to agree wit Saudi Jans that it seems a bit bizarre to promite Riyadh as a hotbed of nightlife...


Saudi Jeans: Saudi Nightlife: "During a recent tourism promotion expo in Dubai, Prince Sultan bin Salman, head of SCT, told the reporters that Saudi Arabia promises tourists a unique experience, with 'lots of nightlife.' So, nightlife in Saudi Arabia, huh? Actually, it can be pretty exciting: you have to play hide and seek to
enter a shopping mall, which can be fun and challenging. Then, you will be chased by the religious police, and that will raise your adrenaline to the maximum level. After the crazy chasing, you will probably be thirsty, so you can stop somewhere nearby to get your glass of Saudi Champagne. You see, it's all good.

OK, I think I got a little bit carried away. The general secretary of SCT emphasized that the term 'nightlife' for Saudis tends to mean wholesome family activities -- rather than what may be enjoyed after dark in the West. Damn! I was so close to make a toast to SCT, but I guess I will hold my glass for now. Just for the sake of argument: How many of you consider the boring family gathering a 'nightlife' activity? # »"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis